Field Sales Representative
Planet Fun is NZ’s largest toy distributor, with an impressive range of exciting toy brands such as Squishmallows, LOL Surprise, Paw Patrol, Little Tikes, Tech Deck, Board Games, Pokemon and more. We are a young vibrant team based in Freemans Bay, and very proud to be locally owned.
About the Role:
We are on the hunt for a full time Field Sales Representative based in Christchurch or Wellington to service the wider lower North Island and South Island. You’ll also have the occasional trip to Auckland to visit our head office. Whilst there is loads of support and robust systems for forecasting, ordering, and reporting you’ll need to be self-motivated, organised, and have a passion for building relationships and selling.
Sales and service to all Toyworld, Paper Plus, and independent supermarket stores in the Lower North and South Island
- Build rapport with store managers and buyers
- Achieve forecasted sales targets
- Manage and optimise instore stock levels to drive reorders
- Discuss new products by utilizing samples
- Tidy stock, monitor stock levels, take orders, actively upsell, photograph stock displays
- Fulfil the minimum amount of calls for both new and existing customers based on agreed KPI’s
Build sales of Planet Fun toys and games via increased distribution
- Regularly call on potential new customers
- Always present Planet Fun toys professionally using facts and presenters to illustrate the opportunity
- Ensure compliance with company requirements
Optimise and improve internal systems
- Assist in developing a field sales blueprint by suggesting apps, reports, call cycles etc that improve business
- Use our CRM tool for every customer contact including maintaining stock/sales records
- Photo reports via CRM tool
Strive to improve relationships and systems to grow sales and profit
- Value all suppliers and retailers, delivering information, reports and general communication in a timely manner.
- Work to improve and automate systems.
- Actively strive to identify sales opportunities every day, both new and re-order.
- Identify stock issues early to minimise loss.
- Enhance business relationships with all product suppliers, service suppliers, retail personnel, and internal colleagues.
- Sales experience required – Ideally FMCG background and previous use of CRM tools